Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ways to mask egg smell in fridge?

i love hard boiled eggs, but when they are in the fridge everytime I open the door--the scent pours out. I have a small apartment and it feels like the whole place smells like it.


anyway to get rid of the scent in the fridge rather than mask it with air fresheners? (which i have)Ways to mask egg smell in fridge?
Next time put your hard boiled eggs in sealable containers. If your fridge still has the smell, empty it, unplug it and wash the inside with antibacterial washing up, rinse well and dry. Put the food back and at the back one of the shelves put a half lemon. Leave there for a week and no more stink.





As for the apartment, your best bet is to ventilate as much as possible.Ways to mask egg smell in fridge?
take everything out of the refrigerator and scrub with warm water %26amp; baking soda.
Not sure if it would work , but i would try hard boiling them, peeling them , placing them in an airtight ziplock bag and then placing the bag in an air tight container.
baking soda.
Air tight container lined with paper towel?
I always keep a box of baking soda in our fridge and when I place things like onions, eggs or fish in the fridge, I place it in a freezer ziploc bag and then a pyrex bowl (walmart- couple of bucks) with an airtight lid. I have never had a smell in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment