Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I am looking for a really authentic mardi gras mask?

I aqm looking for a mardi gras new orleans type mask. These are not the feather kind . They are venetian style masks. sold only in botiques.


I live in Mass but willing to drive. Don't tell me to go to an online website . I have gotten ripped off twice. I want to go local.I am looking for a really authentic mardi gras mask?
When I was in theatre, I did costume design for a play based in Spain during ';Carnival.'; (Denver,CO) I found a shop where a lady made and stocked various masques made of this neat paper-pulp material. Just plain white- for artists and such. I found skulls, gargoyles, even a donkey masque! Took them and painted them and decorated them myself, added the ties. Marvelous! And very authentic. And very affordable. I'd look for local artisans that work with papier mache.

No comments:

Post a Comment