Friday, December 25, 2009

Face Mask Users: Double Face Masks?

I've noticed many cyclists/commuters on Y!A are saying that they are wearing two face masks while riding. My fleece face mask feels so warm that I cannot imagine needing a second one. Also it's makes breathing a tad more difficult. So I cannot see how a second mask would be helpful instead of harmful to the rider.





What are the two types of face masks you are using? And how is your breathability? Wouldn't a second mask making breathing near impossible?





Just trying to understand.Face Mask Users: Double Face Masks?
I didn't see where people were mentioning wearing two face masks. (balaclava) But I'll see if I can answer your question.





I do wear one while riding. I have a light one I wear when it's above freezing and a heavier one that I use when it's below freezing. Maybe that's what they mean by wearing two, one for warmish weather and one for harsher cold weather. My cold weather one stays very warm without additional layers well below 0 F, so I'm not sure why anyone would wear two at once. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment