Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Do you hide behind a Mask? or many Masks??? Why???

and I do not only mean for actors only here :))I mean in your everyday life are you proud of who you are and where you come from????Do you hide behind a Mask? or many Masks??? Why???
I don鈥檛 know what I see.


The mask intercedes


I don鈥檛 know what I hear


The mask interferes


I don鈥檛 know what I feel


The mask conceals


I cannot express my soul


The mask controls


I cry, but you do not see


The mask hides meDo you hide behind a Mask? or many Masks??? Why???
everyone has a mask or two. for we fear rejection, and what if there are aspects of ourselves that others may fear? if we were to reveal how intelligent we are, or how ignorant we may be. will we be accepted?





Sometimes we hide behind a smile when we are sad, this for their benefit, but still a mask we wear.





Does it matter where we came from? we are still human in the end.
I never hide, though I may move quietly - but others seem to see many masks. I suppose it's a matter of where they're looking from. As for pride, I'm not sure. I deplore hubris, but think that if you cannot respect what you do with your life, and who you are, and where you came from, then you're a sad and poor kind of human being - and had better change your spectacles and your canoe.
Because I have proverbial acne. But if anyone says they are proud of who they are. Isn't pride just another mask to hide behind?
I wear different hats %26amp; have many different roles, wife, friend, mother, etc. But I seem to have noticed lately I find myself struggling with being a rescuer, %26amp; when I am overwhelmed with that I rubberband to hermit. I know that these roles do not define me, but I find myself there more than I am sure is healthy.
I'm not proud of myself. I have a whole separate life for my family, and another for my friends, and another for my teachers, and one that I hold dearly to myself because I am afraid of being hurt.





I would love to shed all of these masks, but then I would destroy my mother. Destroy her. I would take the reason that she loves me and murder it if I even gave her a slight glimpse of who I really am. Trust me, I have tried to give her even the slightest clue, and she crumbled. I had to carefully rebuild my lies and I am still miserable.
I do hide, I do because I don't have a thick enough hide.





I am proud of myself and of where I come from, but I do like to play a game like here in Y.answrs I will not tell where I am from, so people don't think of me along their stereotypes (I am sorry for doubting you might have some), and because I like to have my identity in movement. That is a game made possible by the anonymity.


In everyday life I do wear my mask of a good person, and try to be it: generous, patient, not lazy, not jealous, not suspicious. I will become a better person by imitating the best persons.
I'm not convinced that ';pride'; in who you are, or where you come from has much to do with wearing masks. It could be lack of harmony in yourself, putting on the mask for what you assume another prefers to see, or any number of things. I don't play ';roles.'; The only time I might wear a ';mask,'; %26amp; this would be infrequently, is when my personal sky is falling, %26amp; I ';put on'; a cheerful countenance so I won't depress anyone. Where I come from isn't a subject, an issue. I don't take ';pride'; in myself. I am who I am, %26amp; I like that person. Period.
';hide'; is prolly an overstated word. I would say most of us do wear different masks for different people, and many reasons (perhaps for approval as well)? As the old saying ';if the cap fits'; should actually read if the mask fits. We have to when it befits the situation/occasion, sometimes to protect ourself and other times to protect others.
We all do. The unrealized ';self'; is often someone who is too painful to view in the mirror. ';He/She';is often a figure of fear and doubt, a being who is hidden from ourselves in layers of guilt and doubt, and the ultimate dread of facing others compounded by an ambiguity of being accepted by them or uncovered as a fake. I heard a Pulitzer Prizer winning author speak once, who said, ';We only go around once in life.'; Everybody was silent exccept me. ';How do you know that?'; I questioned. He thought for a moment. Then admitted, I don't know that. It was over 500 people in the room. You could hear a pin drop. Nobody was wearing a mask. It was very uncomfortable--even for me! Sublimation, repression, they have there place in the grand scheme of things, Rena. Only Socrates was completely naked! He proved his real ';self'; when he drank the hemlock.
It has nothing to do with being unhappy with where you come from but with not being completely sure who you are as a person..


I try to know myself so that I can be myself with others. If I feel insecure I may put on a mask but people usually see through it quickly enough
I think we all hide behind masks at least some of the time. There are parts of us we simply don't show to the rest of the world. The more intelligent you are the greater the number of possible masks because of the greater number of facets to your personality. It isn't wrong to conceal parts of yourself, it is often necessary.
Let's see...





There's my ';interview'; mask, my ';at work'; mask, my ';stage'; mask, my ';college classroom'; mask (similar to my ';at work'; mask, though I haven't used that one in a long time)...


My ';lovemaking'; mask, my ';grocery store'; mask, my ';in-line-at-the-DMV'; mask, my ';pulled-over-for-speeding'; mask, my ';visiting-my-parents'; mask, my ';intelligence'; mask, my ';savagely un-intelligent mask'; (similar to my ';lovemaking'; mask), my ';in-church'; mask (though I haven't used that one in a while, either, and I suspect if I walked into a church, I'd burst into flames...)...


And many more...





The only one I don't have is a ';Halloween'; mask...





But I promise you I'm a very sincere person...





(I just used my ';sincerity'; mask, just then...forgot about THAT one...) lol...
I'm proud of who i am, sometimes i struggle but over all i love being who i am and living where i live, i do not like where i came from though.... nationality wise, it just isn't me
We can put a mask on ourselves.


But many times society puts a mask on us, and we accept it.


Take our jobs for instance. Does anyone really need to know our personal thoughts about everyone else? Or is it better to just do the job. Remember that just because we don't tell everyone something about us doesn't make it dishonest, just private. Don't we have a right to privacy? Being proud of who and/or what you are doesn't mean you have to broadcast it to the world. Besides, the world may not want to know. Whether you call it hiding or private is a matter of opinion.
I think the more important question is ';are the masks real?';





In theory we all play different roles in our life's, parent, child, student, employee, etc... We put on different ';masks'; to do these. However, if we play one role to long or often, we allow it to over come our other identities, therefore masking other important qualities, talents, and characteristics.
I'm donning the iron mask that society forced onto me.


I take no pride in it.
I am very proud of myself and where I come from; incidentally masks can be ripped away to reveal the hidden truth.
I am proud of myself and where I come from but... yeah, i wear masks to a degree and I think we all do. Interesting topic and one we discussed at work not long ago. I think that we choose to show different facets of our personalities to different ppl. Ppl at work described this as MULTIPLE personalities (lol) but I argue that we reveal only what we feel comfortable and appropriate to reveal to certain ppl. Obviously, I have a different mask for different ppl in work situations such as clients vs. close co-workers, elderly neighbors vs. my age girlfriends, parents vs. professors. So, from that viewpoint, yeah I wear masks.
Hehehe.....................I look good in Mask when its still dark but back then I used to have lots of sunshine %26amp; nowhere to hide.


Did the song '; Take a Bow'; inspired you by Madonna.
I am proud of who I am and where I come from, however, the masks I wear is because i usually treat people with disdain and mistrust. to those i know and love I have no masks, to strangers or co-workers yes, because i don't know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment